Workshop WG 3: Citizen Science Strategies in Europe
at the Citizen Science Workshop Day at Univiersity of Geneva
Maximum number of participants: 25
Please notice, there is the possibility to have 2-3 workshop participations financed by the Cost Action.
For self-funded Participants
Self-financing workshop participants simply register using the form on this website (klick "Please fill out the form to register"). Mark the field "Do you need financial support?" with no.
For participants who need financial support
if interested: register using the form on this website (klick "Please fill out the form to register"). Mark the field "Do you need financial support?" with yes. Prepare a one page (maximum) motivation letter for upload. It shall include the following:
A short description of yourself (see additional priority criteria to address) and your motivation to participate.
As only a limited number of participants will be subject to COST full funding, two sets of criteria for participants’ selection are presented below.
General criteria for selection:
Additional priority criteria:
Geographical spread | Career stage (particularly involving early career investigators) | Gender balance
- Welcome and introduction
- Scene setter: Citizen Science impacts on policy
- Overview of findings from previous activities
- Group work on three topics (one group per topic)
- Topic 1: Improvement of current framework template (Which parts are hard to fill? What is missing? etc.)
- Topic 2: Differences between countries (Might we categorise countries according to their current approach to Citizen Science? etc.)
- Topic 3: Governance of the data collection approach (How can we produce consolidated status reports per country? What are the limits? etc.)
- Feedback from the groups, wrap-up and next steps
Sven Schade | s [dot] schade [at] ec [dot] europa [dot] eu
Can be found here.