The COST Action CA 15212 Citizen Science to promote creativity, scientific literacy, and innovation throughout Europe invites Action members’ applications for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) in order to network and develop scientific collaborations between institutions involved in the Action.
Application deadline: June 30, 2017
Strengthening the existing networks by allowing researchers to go to an institution in another COST Country to foster collaboration (e.g., to draft proposals, undertake research, etc.). Selected applicants should be targeting Action deliverables as much as possible, e.g. literature reviews or some specific tasks, as stated in the Memorandum of Understanding
From 5 to 60 days. STSMs need to be completed before April 30, 2018.
STSMs are especially intended for a postgraduate student or postdoctoral fellow or a staff member in an institution, organization or legal entity which participates in this Action and has within its remit a clear association with performing research. Early Career Investigators, that is, researchers whose career spun less than 8 years between the date of the PhD/doctorate (or similar experience) and the date of involvement in this Action will be prioritized.
A STSM may only be approved:
- from a Home Institution in a COST participating country to a Host Institution in another COST participating country or to a formally approved Host Institution in a non-COST country;
- from a formally approved Home Institution in a Near Neighbour Country to a Host Institution in a COST participating country.
Detailed guidelines for applicants are here:
The aim of this grant is to support the costs associated with the exchange visit. This grant will not necessarily cover all expenses and is intended only as a contribution to the travel and subsistence costs of the participant. As approved by the Action Management Committee the following fixed rule will be applied:
400€ (flat rate) for the travel and 100€ for each day of the STSM. The total amount granted will not exceed 2500€
The Applicant should:
- obtain the agreement of the host institution, before submitting his/her application;
- use the on-line registration tool to register his/her request for an STSM;
- after registration, download the formal STSM application and complete it with supporting documentation (CV, full work plan, list of publications, motivation letter, letter of support from the home institute etc.);
- send the application by e-mail as attachment to:
- Deadline for aapplications: JUNE 30, 2017.
Chapter 7 of the COST Vademecum (Version published in May 2017, available at www.cost.eu/download/COSTVademecum).
After completion of the STSM
Successful applicants will need to submit a scientific report to the Host Institution and to the STSM Chair and Coordinator within 30 days from the end date of the STSM, and they will be responsible for acquiring from a senior researcher affiliated to the Host Institution confirmation of formal acceptance of the scientific report. The scientific report will also require the approval of the Action Chair or STSM coordinator in order to effect the payment of the Grant. Successful applicants will be asked to submit a brief of the STSM outputs for the Action’s website describing in summary the scientific report which will also be made available online, and be prepared to participate in the Action’s events with a poster about their STSM when applicable or when requested by the Chair or STSM coordinator.
The report should include the following information:
- Purpose of the STSM
- Description of the work carried out during the STSM;
- Description of the main results obtained
- Future collaboration with the host institution (if applicable)
- Foreseen publications/articles resulting from the STSM (if applicable)
Other details to be included in the report are in the document STSMs: Guidelines for Applicants |
The report will be published on this web site.