5th Austrian Citizen Science Conference 2019
In summer 2019 the 5th Austrian Citizen Science Conference will take place in Tyrol. The University of Innsbruck and the Citizen Science Network Austria invite you to Obergurgl, where the Citizen Science Community will gather from 26th to 28th June under the motto "Borders and Transitions" at over 2000m.
Why did we decide on the motto "Borders and transitions" at this conference venue?
Hardly any other place is as suitable as Obergurgl for the question of the boundaries of Citizen Science. Due to its geographical location at political and natural borders, the location inspires Citizen Science to sound out. In and around Obergurgl you can find different borders and transitions and you can get to know the handling of these interfaces in detail. Many borders are present in Obergurgl, such as the snow line, the forest line, a state line or even the tree line. We understand these border areas not only as boundaries, but also as areas of transition and exchange. In this environment, we would like to discuss how to best design the borders and transitions in Citizen Science to other methods and disciplines, and how to make positive use of the border tensions?
- What are the limits of Citizen Science?
- Is Citizen Science allowed to do everything?
- Who determines what Citizen Science is allowed to do?
- What does Citizen Science want and what does it not want?
- What can you offer participants, what not?
- What are the examples of boundaries in Citizen Science (projects)?
- What are transitions in Citizen Science?
- Which interfaces arise in Citizen Science projects?
- Are transitions opportunities or obstacles and how can they be used or overcome?
- What are the examples of transitions?
We look forward to discussing these and other exciting questions with you at the Austrian Citizen Science Conference 2019.
Weblink german Call for Proposals
The call for proposals is open until 15th of November (no extension possible). If you want to know more about the conference, please check out the conference website (in German): https://www.citizen-science.at/konferenz.
If you don't speak German feel free to send a message to citizenscience2019 [at] uibk [dot] ac [dot] at at any time.
The general conference language will be German, but contributions in English will also be accepted.
citizenscience2019 [at] uibk [dot] ac [dot] at