Start: 12 December 2019, 13:00
Finish: 13 December 2019, 14:00
The COST Action is publishing a book on the Science of Citizen Science. Currently, authors work on their chapters. The authors' meeting serves 1) quality control, and 2) an overal coherence of the book.
If you have time, competencies, and interest to support us in developing these outputs, you are welcome to apply.
Berlin, Museum für Naturkunde, Invalidenstr. 43, Portal IV 12. - 13. December 2019
- Each chapter will be read by 2 authors of different chapters + at least 1 editor (1 author from the same section, 1 author from a different section).
- All chapters are available for all authors before the meeting so that people can skim through/read more than 1 chapter.
- Reviewers prepare written feedback for the chapter they have thoroughly read -> according to a form? (similar to feedback forms for journal peer review)
- Ask everyone to read the abstracts of all the chapters so that we don’t lose time during the feedback session having to introduce the content of the chapter.
Agenda (unfinished draft)
Thursday 12th of December
Start after lunch so people have time to get into Berlin on the same day if they want
13.00-13.30 Registration, coffee/tea
13.30-14.00 Welcome, general overview, instructions
14.00-16.00 Feedback session
For each chapter: max 10 minutes
The two reviewers provide a summary of their feedback including 1-2 strenghts and the 2-3 most important suggestions for improvement.
The authors get a chance to respond or ask for clarification.
People in the audience get a chance to write any other comments/suggestions on a piece of paper to collect for each chapter afterwards.
With a really good time keeper!!
16.00-16.30 Coffee break
16.30-18.00 Feedback session continued
19.00 Dinner (optional)
Friday 13th of December
9.00-11.00 Reduce overlappings and fill gaps
11.00-12.00 Wrap up (plenary)
Next steps, points of special attention (things that editors have noticed that are important to explain/discuss with everyone)
12.00-13.00 Lunch and goodbyes
How to Apply
FROM AUTHORS WE ONLY NEED PERSONAL DATA FOR THE E-COST INVIATION AND THE CHAPTER THEY ARE INVOLVED
Applicants are requested to:
- Fill out the application form
- Prepare and upload a 250-word motivation letter, expressing their interest in the workshop.
- Prepare and upload a short CV - max 2 pages. In the same document containing the CV, if applicable, describe also their role/contribution in/to the COST Action 15212 (e.g., Working Group Member, contributor to a publication, etc.).
Please upload your CV and motivation letter in the application form!
The organizing committee will assess the eligible contributions following these criteria:
- Expertise relevant to this workshop (max. 5 score points).
- Interest of the submitted contribution to the WG and Action goals (max. 5 score points)
For further questions you can contact
- a [dot] m [dot] land [at] biology [dot] leidenuniv [dot] nl (subject: WG6%20Meeting%20planning%20for%20the%20final%20symposium%20and%20publication) (Anne Land)
- Katrin [dot] Vohland [at] mfn [dot] berlin (subject: WG6%20Meeting%20planning%20for%20the%20final%20symposium%20and%20publication) (Katrin Vohland)